Ultra light and fluffy, this white chocolate mousse is perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth! It can be garnished with a variety of toppings such as fruit, nuts, or chocolate shavings. It’s the perfect elegant dessert for special occasions!
Homemade mousse is the absolute best! It just melts in your mouth and is so creamy and indulgent. A few more quick and easy recipes to try: this amazing coconut mousse, classic chocolate mousse, or chocolate cherry mousse bars. Psst- they’re all great for Valentine’s Day!
White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
White chocolate mousse: the dessert that’s as indulgent as it is irresistible. It’s like a cloud of creamy, dreamy, white chocolate-y goodness! This homemade mousse is perfect for a special occasion dessert or when you need a little pick-me-up. It’s great for individual servings, but I won’t judge if you keep the whole bowl for yourself. (Let’s be real, we all need that sometimes). The process is simple, all you need is white chocolate, cream, eggs, and some basic kitchen tools. You can get creative with the toppings, let the kids choose their favorite fruits or nuts to add a personal touch to their dessert.
You’re going to love how easy this white chocolate mousse is to make. It only takes a few minutes of mixing all of the ingredients together until you get a nice, fluffy consistency! Combined with its sweet, creamy flavor, it’s truly a knockout dessert. Unlike dark or milk chocolate, white chocolate doesn’t actually contain cocoa solids. This gives it a milder taste and a smoother texture. Some people may find it too sweet, but I think it’s the perfect flavor for mousse! If you want something more chocolatey, I have a great recipe for homemade chocolate mousse here.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredients for this white chocolate mousse are SO simple. You probably have most of them in your pantry! It’s a dessert that looks gorgeous, but is easy to make and inexpensive. A win-win! Check out the recipe card below for exact measurements.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream is a key ingredient in making mousse. It gives it that signature creamy and rich texture. It’s whipped to form stiff peaks and then folded into the other ingredients to create the ultimate dessert!
- White Chocolate Chips: Add sweet, creamy flavor.
- Cream Cheese: I recommend using cream cheese that’s at room temperature so it mixes together smoothly with the other ingredients.
- Powdered Sugar: Balances out the tangy flavor of the cream cheese. It adds the perfect sweetness, too!
- Vanilla: Adds a delicious, subtle flavor. I recommend using pure vanilla extract for the best taste!
- Salt: Just a pinch will boost the overall flavor of the white chocolate mousse.
- Fruit of Choice: (Optional) For topping! You can also add nuts or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
How to Make White Chocolate Mousse
Making white chocolate mousse is easy and fun! You can garnish each mousse cup with all of your favorite toppings. Get creative! The flavor of white chocolate is versatile enough for just about any combo you could think of. You can also keep it simple and just add some fresh berries. That’s my favorite way to enjoy it!
- Whip Cream: In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then set aside.
- Cream Cheese Mixture: In a separate bowl, using the same mixer, cream together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until it is smooth and creamy
- Melt Chocolate: In a third, microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips by heating in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each heating, until it is all melted. Don’t over heat your chocolate or it will seize up and not mix smoothly into your mousse.
- Combine: Mix your melted chocolate into your cream cheese until smooth. Gently fold your whipped cream into your chocolate mixture until it is all completely incorporated.
- Serve: Spoon or pipe your mousse into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for an hour to set up. Enjoy cold, within 3 days of making!
Tips for Making the Best Mousse
Incorporate these simple tips and tricks into your process and you’ll be making mousse like a pro! They’re super easy fixes that can make your white chocolate mousse turn out perfectly.
- Measure: Be precise with your measurements. Mousse is a delicate dessert and even small deviations in the amount of ingredients can change the final result.
- Don’t Overwhip: Be sure to stop once you reach stiff peaks. If you overmix, your whipped cream may deflate.
- Fold Gently: Be careful when folding the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. You want to keep as much air in the cream as possible, so don’t be heavy handed here! Gently fold until combined.
Adding Extra Flavor
If you want to make an adults-only version of this mousse, try adding a splash of your favorite liqueur! You could use Grand Marnier for a hint of orange, Frangelico for hazelnut, or Amaretto for hints of almond! Similarly, if you want to make your mousse non-alcoholic, you can add a few drops of flavor extracts.
How Long Does White Chocolate Mousse Last?
Enjoy your homemade mousse within 2-3 days. The longer it sits, the less fluffy it will be.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover white chocolate mousse in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can serve it straight from the fridge!