Gobble gobble your way to Thanksgiving dinner with the cutest turkey charcuterie board there ever was! Guests of all ages will love this fun way to enjoy a snack or appetizer full of meat, cheese, crackers, and lots of fruit!
It’s so fun to have a themed snack board like this turkey charcuterie board in the shape of a turkey for the Thanksgiving holiday. If you’re looking for some more delicious appetizers to take to Thanksgiving dinner, I have you covered! Bring these brussels sprouts, this amazing strawberry pretzel salad, or the best sweet potato casserole.
Turkey Charcuterie Board
I love a good charcuterie for any party or occasion. This turkey charcuterie board is my favorite thing to bring to Thanksgiving dinner! I love how fun and festive this board looks because it is shaped like a Turkey! Filled with fall colors and delicious cheeses, fruits, and meat… It’s going to catch the attention of each and every one of your guests! For more fun holiday charcuterie boards, try this Christmas charcuterie, this Valentine’s charcuterie, or my favorite Halloween charcuterie.
The best part about this is that it’s SO simple to make but it looks like a million bucks! I have included the step-by-step instructions to take you through exactly what you need to do to make this for Thanksgiving or any day in the month of November. I love to make the board kid-friendly, but adults love the board just as much! There is no wrong way to make this so get creative and have fun!
Wood Charcuterie Board
First Comes the Fruit!
The start of your turkey charcuterie board will be the pear used for the turkey’s body. It is SO cute! The key to making this board turn out so festive are the colors from the fruits that you pick! I picked some bold colors to really pop on my board. It’s nice to have some juicy, fresh taste complementing all of the savory meats and cheeses! Here are the fruits that I used, but feel free to use any fruit you like!
Cheese to Use For a Turkey Charcuterie
If you love cheese and want to add in some more, feel free to do so! You could try parmesan, provolone, and pepper jack! You can’t go wrong with using more cheese! As I said, feel free to use whatever items that you want on your board! Here is the list of cheeses that I used on this board.
- Spicy Buffalo Cheddar Cheese Trader Joes
- Creamy Toscano Cheese Trader Joes
Meats To Use On a Turkey Charcuterie
I didn’t load up this board with too many meats because there will be real turkey on the table! But the beauty of these boards is that you can do whatever you want! Kids love when I use pepperoni, and adults love when I use prosciutto.
- Red Wine Artisan Salami
Don’t Forget the Nuts, Crackers, and Cookies
The other ingredients you add to this turkey charcuterie board add to the taste and texture! Because adding in the nuts, crackers, and cookies will set your board apart. I love the mixture of sweet and salty. Here are the nuts, crackers, and cookies that I used, but any kind will work!
- Whole Almonds
- Pumpkin Cranberry Crackers (From Trader Joes)
- Pumpkin Joe Joe’s (From Trader Joes)
Let’s Assemble it All Together!
Now that you’ve gathered all of the ingredients for this board, it’s time for the fun part! To put it together and make this turkey charcuterie board! It’s so pretty and delicious! It will definitely be the star of the party!
- Place the Pear: Cut the whole pear in half, starting at the stem and cutting through to the bottom. Then, place the cut side down near the bottom of the board.
- Place the Blackberries: Add the blackberries by placing them around the pear.
- Add Salami and Cheese: Following the rainbow shape, assemble your board by adding the salami and cheese.
- Arrange the Nuts, Crackers, and Raspberries: Then, add in the nuts, crackers, and raspberries following the board shape.
- Add in the Rest of the Ingredients: Fill the board in the rest of the board by following the order in the pictures.
- Decorate the Turkey: Cut some cheddar cheese into a triangle for the beak and strips for the feet. Arrange them on the pear so it looks like a turkey!
Make it Your Own!
The best part about this turkey charcuterie board is that you can do whatever you want to make it your own! Here are some more ideas that you could use to make it festive and perfect for your get-together! Everyone is going to LOVE it no matter what you put on it!
- Use shapes: I love using cookie cutters to make different shapes out of the cheeses! Then, I like to use a small leaf-shaped cookie cutter to cut the cheeses and salami. It really makes the board stand out!
- Add Veggies: An excellent way to bring in some more flavor and nutrition are to add fresh vegetables. I love using carrots and small bell peppers to add to the fall colors of the board.
- Make it Kid-Friendly: Sometimes, I’ll make one for the kids and one for the adults. Try adding goldfish, cheez-its, fruit snacks, or marshmallows. These are SO fun to make and then everyone is happy!