Cheesecake without the guilt! These skinny mini cheesecakes are light, creamy and will melt in your mouth with every bite! This low-calorie dessert is just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth and stick to your New Year’s resolution.
When I took my first bite of these I wanted to die. And then I started feeling guilty thinking that I ruined my diet. No my friends. I wasn’t. These are only 100 calories. 100 calories!! This is the absolute best no-bake, guilt-free, delicious dessert ever invented! Run, don’t walk to the store and eat one of these for dessert tonight. You can thank me later. For more healthy desserts to get you through try these healthy oatmeal cookies, cowboy cookies or skinny muddy buddies for when you have the munchies.
Skinny Mini Cheesecake Bites
We’ve all been there. It’s the beginning of a New Year and most of you have made a commitment to eat better and lose weight. But oh man what you wouldn’t do to have a bite of your favorite dessert. Well here is your solution! These skinny mini cheesecake bites are heaven-sent. Consider this recipe your new best friend! These cheesecakes will make your lifestyle changes easier and you more happy with a little sweet and creamy treat to enjoy throughout the day.
Cheesecake really is one of my favorite desserts. It’s so hard to avoid when I’m dieting. With these skinny mini cheesecakes, you don’t have to compromise! Not only are they adorable, but they also have a fraction of the calories of traditional cheesecake. So go ahead, indulge in a few (or a dozen) of these little delights, and enjoy all the flavor without the guilt!
Get ready to indulge in some delicious, yet guilt-free, skinny cheesecake bites with this simple recipe! All you’ll need are a few simple ingredients such as low-fat cream cheese, vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and a low-carb sweetener of your choice. With these ingredients, you can create a creamy and delicious filling that is nestled in a crispy graham cracker crust. It’s the perfect combo of nutty and sweet!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Graham Cracker Sheets: I used reduced fat graham crackers to keep these on the healthy side.
- Ground Cinnamon: To add a little extra flavor to the crust! Nutmeg is another great option.
- Sugar: To make the crust nice and sweet. Feel free to swap this out for a low-carb sweetener such as Stevia, Splenda, or monk fruit.
- Unsalted Butter: I added light, unsalted butter for richness and flavor! Coconut oil is another great option for healthy fats and flavor.
- Cool Whip: Use fat-free cool whip if you can find it! You can also swap this out for Greek yogurt if you want a pop of protein and some probiotics!
- Cream Cheese: This acts as the base of the cheesecake. I used fat-free cream cheese but low-fat also works.
- Sweetener: You can use sugar here or to keep carbs low swap it out for Stevia, Splenda, or monk fruit sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract: Gives the cheesecake the perfect sweet, vanilla flavor!
How Do You Make Skinny Mini Cheesecake Bites?
It’s SO easy. All you need to do is throw your crust ingredients in a food processor, mix up your cheesecake filling, combine both, and then let your cheesecake bites set! Now, these do need an hour or two to set up properly, so be sure to give yourself enough time if you’re making these for a get-together!
- Crush Graham Crackers: In a food processor or blender, grind up the graham cracker sheets into fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, simply place them into a bag and then crush them with a rolling pin or cup.
- Add Butter, Spices, and Sweetener: Place the crumbs into a bowl and add ground cinnamon and sugar. Then melt the butter and add it to the graham cracker crumbs. Mix well.
- Prepare Crust: Line a cupcake pan with liners and put one tablespoon of the crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press down the crumbs with your hand or spoon. Set aside.
- Cheesecake Mixture: In a large bowl or Kitchenaid, whip the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar (or sugar substitute) until fluffy. Then add the cool whip and whip until smooth.
- Layer: Using a cookie dough scooper (or spoon), fill each cupcake liner with 1 ½ scoop full of the cheesecake mixture. Each liner should be filled almost to the top.
- Chill and Set: Place the cupcakes in the fridge for a few hours to set up and become firm. Then top with a slice of your favorite fruit (I always like strawberries or raspberries!) and devour!
How Long Do Skinny Mini Cheesecakes Last?
For about a week, if stored properly in the fridge. You don’t want these mini cheesecake bites to sit out for more than a couple hours. If you have any left over, transfer them to an airtight container and stick them in the fridge for when you have a sweet tooth later!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container. These will last for about one week. I think skinny mini cheesecakes are best served at room temperature, so let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes before you enjoy them! This ensures the cheesecake filling is soft and creamy.
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, you can! Cheesecake freezes very well! These are perfect to leave in the freezer and take one out at a time. You can leave it in the fridge to thaw and then enjoy once it has softened. You can wrap them individually or store them in an airtight container, whatever you prefer! If you need the dessert sooner than later, set it out for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature and enjoy when a craving hits.
- In the Freezer: Place the cooled cheesecake on a baking sheet and freeze, uncovered until firm. From here you will wrap each cheesecake tightly with either aluminum foil, plastic freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag or airtight container. These will last for about 2 to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.