This Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe takes a delicious holiday treat and makes it easy by using the microwave. It’ll come out crunchy and with the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. You’ll never to back to stovetop!
If you’re looking for tasty holiday treats, check out my super easy Homemade English Toffee, 3-Ingredient Peppermint Bark, Churro Toffee (Disneyland copycat!), and Pecan Pie Roll-Ups.
Why This Recipe Works
Sweet & Savory: One of the reasons why I love peanut brittle is that perfect combination of savory and sweet. The caramel, buttery flavor of the brittle along with the salty, nutty flavor of the peanuts just combines so perfectly. And with this easy microwave peanut brittle, you get all of that flavor made easy.
Simple: Anything that can be made in a microwave is just absolutely simple to make. Have you ever wondered how to make peanut brittle? This easy peanut brittle recipe can literally be made by anyone and it is so delicious and impressive! If you look at peanut brittle recipes and feel intimidated, don’t fret. This no thermometer brittle recipe makes things super easy without sacrificing any flavor.
Shareable: Something beautiful about this recipe is that you can whip up a bunch of it and share with friends and family as little holiday gifts! Wrap it up with a little bow, and they will absolutely love it.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts- Dry Roasted Peanuts are the best for this recipe. They are the perfect balance of salty and nutty!
- Granulated Sugar– The brittle mixture is made of melted granulated sugar which can be perfectly melted in the microwave.
- Light Corn Syrup– A little bit of light corn syrup is added for flavor and texture.
- Salt– A bit of extra salt is good to balance the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract– Vanilla is added for extra flavor.
- Butter– Butter makes the brittle creamier and more like caramel.
- Baking Soda– A little bit of baking soda is added to make the brittle a bit fluffier. It will still be nice and crunchy!
Here’s How to Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper and set aside. Pre-measure your ingredients and have them ready to go.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine, sugar, and corn syrup. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in peanuts and microwave 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and salt and then microwave for 1 minute longer until mixture is a deep golden brown. Watch the mixture carefully at this step and make sure not to burn.
- Quickly stir in baking soda (just until mixture is foamy). Immediately pour the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and spread as needed with a greased rubber spatula or spoon.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes or until completely hardened. Break into pieces using a butter knife and enjoy your easy peanut brittle!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
- Be sure to pre-measure your ingredients before starting the process, as it will go fast and you’ll want everything to be ready!
- Since every microwave is different, keep an eye on your mixture at each stage to make sure it isn’t burning.
- This easy microwave peanut brittle recipe is versatile, so make it your own! You can add different nuts besides peanuts like almonds and cashews for a delicious nut brittle!
- Drizzle the top with a chocolate drizzle for added flavor and sweetness!
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Try
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Raspberry Crumb Bars
Original recipe from here.