Crockpot Tuscan Chicken is delicious juicy and tender chicken breast cooked in a creamy parmesan and sun dried tomato sauce. It takes 10 minutes to prep and the smells alone will have your family asking when dinner is!
I absolutely love Tuscan flavors. They are simple, fresh, and a total classic! Once you try this simple creamy chicken recipe, you have to try this Tuscan Pasta Salad, this amazing Tuscan Vegetable Chicken Stew, and this dreamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp.
Tuscan Crockpot Chicken
I know what you are thinking, what is Tuscan and why are there so many recipes on your blog? Well, because it’s AMAZING, that’s why! Tuscan chicken is covered in a creamy parmesan sauce with sundried tomatoes. It originates from the Tuscany region in Italy. I’ve taken a few of my own personal twists on the dish and absolutely love this recipe. I think you’re family will too!
This creamy Tuscan chicken is perfect over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or of course potatoes! I like to serve it over butter noodles or alongside some delicious mashed potatoes. You can make some easy air fryer mushrooms or parmesan air fryer zucchini to go along with this dish. They are all perfect together! The cream sauce is great over anything you want to pair it with. This is definitely a dish that the whole family will love!
I love this easy crockpot Tuscan chicken recipe because it is ready to cook in 10 minutes. You can also use different parts of the chicken, I love using boneless skinless chicken thighs because they are super flavorful. Just make sure you don’t use frozen chicken, it is not recommended to cook frozen chicken in a slow cooker. You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Chicken Breasts: You could choose to use other parts of the chicken as well. I like to use breasts because they are quick and easy.
- Italian Seasoning: I like to make a homemade blend because it doesn’t have any extra salt in it and it always tastes better.
- Onion Powder: You will season the chicken breasts with onion powder to help bring out more flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: This is for seasoning the chicken before adding the sauce.
- Garlic Cloves: Garlic cloves are so full of flavor and good nutrients for the body.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: This is where a lot of flavor comes from. Tomatoes have acid in them that help to balance all of the flavors in this dish.
- Chicken Broth: This will help make the sauce.
- Heavy Cream: This is what makes the sauce so creamy and delicious! You could try other plant based milks if you wanted to make this dish dairy free.
- Parmesan Cheese: It has the perfect salty flavor to really bring this crock pot Tuscan chicken together.
- Spinach: I like to add this at the very end to barely cook it so it still has lots of flavor and texture.
Tuscan Chicken Crockpot Recipe
This crockpot Tuscan chicken is so easy! The sauce is so creamy and flavorful, and it’s easier than cooking it all in a skillet! The best part is, it doesn’t loose any of it’s delicious flavor just because you aren’t cooking it in a saucepan. The slow cooker brings all of the flavors together slowly, so you get juicy and creamy chicken breast in every bite!
- Season Chicken: Season the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Then season on both sides of the chicken.
- Add Chicken: Spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Then layer the seasoned chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Make Sauce: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, heavy cream, minced garlic, chopped sundried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- Add to Pot: Pour the sauce over the chicken into the crock pot.
- Cook: Cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 5 hours.
- Add Spinach: Right before serving, add the chopped spinach to the crockpot. Then replace the lid and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Enjoy: Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve over coked pasta and enjoy!
Tips for Making Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
This crockpot Tuscan chicken is one of my quick dinner go-to’s! It is flavorful and simple, with ingredients I already have on hand. Here are a few tips for making this super simple and yummy dish.
- Don’t Use Frozen Chicken: It is not safe to cook frozen chicken in a slow cooker. This goes for any slow cooker recipe! Make sure your chicken is defrosted before putting it in the crockpot. You can put raw chicken in the crock pot, or you can sear it first if you prefer.
- Heavy Cream Substitutes: I really love using heavy cream because it makes the sauce really rich and flavorful. If you want to keep this recipe dairy free, you could use coconut milk from a can. It would change the flavor of the dish but it would be delicious!
- Low or High Heat: If you want to cook this on high heat, it will probably need to cook for about half the time. Cooking on low for longer will give you more tender and juicy crockpot chicken.
- Thicken the Sauce: If you want a thicker sauce, simply add a cornstarch/water mixture to help thicken it. Use one tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon of cold water for each cup of sauce you are wanting to thicken. Add the cornstarch mixture to the crockpot 10 minutes before serving and allow it to cook in the crockpot until thickened.
You are going to love opening your fridge and seeing this crockpot Tuscan chicken for leftovers! It’s flavorful and delicious, so you can double the recipe for meal prep and quick lunches.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- In the Freezer: You can freeze your leftovers in a plastic bag for up to 3 months.