Quick and easy to make, these Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps are a flavor packed lunch or dinner idea! Featuring a homemade, creamy caesar dressing and perfectly tender and juicy chicken, these will definitely be your new go-to meal!
More sandwiches and handheld deliciousness right this way! Try Pork Lettuce Wraps, Strawberry Chicken Bacon and Poppy Seed Wraps, Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps.
Why This Recipe Works
Quick and Easy: Healthy chicken caesar wraps are a seriously easy lunch or dinner option that are perfect for packing a lunch or taking on a picnic! It just requires cooking up some chicken, blending together the homemade savory, tangy dressing and assembling them with your favorite tortillas. These wraps are kid-friendly and everyone will absolutely love them!
Meal Prep Perfection: If you are like me, every day I am scrambling around what I am going to have for lunch. Whether you are working from home or packing your lunch to-go, these chicken caesar salad wraps are perfect for a quick and tasty lunch! I recommend storing all of the ingredients separately in the fridge, and assembling whenever you are ready to eat. Or, assemble them each morning so that the tortilla and lettuce don’t get soggy sitting in the fridge for too long! The chicken in these wraps is delicious warm or cold!
For the Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Chicken Breast: Two large chicken breasts will be plenty to feed four people. I like to butterfly the chicken so that it cooks quickly and gets a good sear all over! Be sure to season it with salt and pepper, as well.
- Flour Tortillas: You can use your favorite flour tortillas or spinach tortillas!
- Romaine Lettuce: Chopped romaine lettuce is best for these chicken caesar salad wraps.
- Parmesan Shavings: Some parmesan shavings on top are a great addition, but are totally optional!
For the Caesar Salad Dressing
- Olive Oil: The base of this homemade dressing is extra virgin olive oil. The higher the quality, the better the flavor!
- Shredded Parmesan: Shredded parm gets blitzed up with the dressing to add a creamy, savory flavor.
- Plain Yogurt: I like to use plain yogurt for a lighter dressing, as opposed to sour cream or mayo.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: I recommend using fresh lemon juice here! The bottled stuff won’t taste quite as fresh.
- Red Wine Vinegar: Some red wine vinegar adds a depth of flavor and extra tang!
- Garlic Granules: Garlic granules are an easy way to add a kick of flavor here. I also love the flavor of smoked garlic granules if you can find them!
- Anchovy Filets: Stay with me here. I know this seems weird but this is the key to a delicious, umami-packed caesar salad dressing! You can buy these canned and packed in oil. Chop them up finely and they will blitz seamlessly into the dressing.
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper: To taste.
Here’s How to Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Prep the Chicken: Using a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken breasts by halving them each down the middle almost the entire way, but still leaving each half connected so that they open up like a book, still in one piece. Flatten the fatter parts of the chicken with the heel of your hand so it cooks evenly, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Sear the Chicken: Heat a large non-stick skillet or frying pan over a medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side until it is golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make the Dressing: To make the dressing, blitz the olive oil, shredded parmesan, yogurt, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic granules and anchovies in a bullet blender or mini chopper until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble: Slice the chicken and divide between the wraps along with the romaine lettuce, parmesan shavings and the dressing. Enjoy!
- Add more veg! You can definitely add more fresh veggies to this wrap like cherry tomatoes or cucumbers!
- Add bacon! Another amazing addition would be some crunchy bacon bits!
- Low on time? No problem. You can use a rotisserie chicken instead of making your own chicken if you prefer! You can also use your favorite store-bought caesar dressing if you don’t have time to make homemade dressing.
- Warm up your tortillas before assembling! This will ensure that they don’t break as easily. You can just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you assemble the wrap, you will want to eat it on the same day. However, you can store the ingredients separately and assemble a wrap when you are ready to eat, making these amazing for meal prep! If you store the chicken and dressing separately, they will stay good for up to 3 days.