This creamy Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing is simple, fresh and flavorful. Ripe avocados are blended with greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, green onion and garlic until creamy and smooth. Use as a dressing for salad, slaw and grilled or roasted vegetables. Yields about 1-1/4 cups or about 10 (2 tablespoon) servings.
What do you get when you throw fresh cilantro, avocado, lime and greek yogurt (among a few other ingredients) into a blender? You get afresh and flavorful cilantro lime avocado dressing.
Not to mention its the most beautiful shade of green.
It only takes minutes to prepare, especially if you have good blender, and can be used multiple ways. Looking for a dressing for a tangy tex Mex slaw? This is it. Want a creamy dressing to top grilled asparagus or zucchini? It won’t disappoint. This dressing is also can be used as a “cream” for nachos, tacos or burritos or a dip for a crudité platter.
The sky is the limit with this vibrant and healthy dressing.
To Make This Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing You Will Need:
- cilantro – Lends a pop of herbaceous freshness.
- plain nonfat greek yogurt – Adds creaminess without the fat.
- avocado – Lends rich flavor and creaminess.
- green onions – Adds a subtle fresh onion flavor.
- garlic – Adds distinct punchy flavor.
- lime (zest and juice) – Lends bright citrusy flavor and acidity.
- avocado oil – Adds richness and helps emulsify the dressing.
- apple cider vinegar – For sweetness and acidity.
- honey – Lends flavor and sweetness.
- kosher salt – Enhances the flavors in this dressing.
- water – Use for thinning the dressing to your preferred consistency.
Make The Dressing:
In a blender, add 1 cup cilantro (leaves and stems), 1/4 cup plain non fat greek yogurt, 1 small avocado, 2 chopped green onions, 1 large smashed and peeled clove of garlic, zest and juice of a medium lime, 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons honey and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Until smooth. While it’s blending, I will add 1 to 4 or more tablespoons of water in order to thin the dressing as desired.
Serve right away or refrigerate.
How to Store Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing:
Store the dressing in a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
How Long Will Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing Last?
If stored properly, this dressing will last 3 to 4 days.
How to Use Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing:
- Use as dressing for salad, slaw, grain or buddha bowl.
- Great as a sauce or “crema” for tacos, nachos or burritos.
- Makes for the perfect dip for a crudité platter.
- Drizzle over grilled or roasted vegetables like asparagus, zucchini or sweet potatoes.
Click Here to For More Homemade Salad Dressings and Vinaigrette Recipes!
Enjoy! And if you give this Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!