With tender mushrooms and a creamy wine sauce, this Easy Cheese Tortellini Pasta is a delicious and simple dinner that everyone will love! You only need 20 minutes to whip up this amazing pasta, and with a simple side salad you will have a perfectly balanced meal.
If you’re a fan of family-friendly pasta meals, you’ll want to try Creamy Sausage Pasta, Baked Feta Tomato Pasta, and Shrimp Scampi Pasta next.
Why This Recipe Works
So Simple: This tortellini pasta recipe couldn’t be more simple to make. It uses pantry staples that you probably already have on hand, and will only take you 20 minutes to make! You’ll even have time to make some garlic bread with it to soak up that delicious white wine sauce.
Creamy & Comforting: This recipe features a white sauce made of heavy cream and white wine along with garlic, mushrooms and parmesan. The flavors come together to make the most creamy and comforting sauce ever!
Family Favorite: Easy cheese tortellini pasta is good for everyone, even the pickiest eaters! I know mushrooms can be hard to sell to the little ones, but trust me when I say the mushrooms in here are so delicious! I made this pasta with wine, and the cooking process will evaporate all of the alcohol and leave only the flavor. But, if you are worried about cooking with wine, replace it with chicken broth instead!
This easy cheese tortellini pasta can come together with simple, pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cheese Tortellini: You can use any type of cheese tortellini or stuffed pasta here. Choose your favorite, and cook it according to the package to have it prepped for this recipe!
- Butter: We start off with a little butter in the pan to sauté our mushrooms and garlic.
- Mushrooms: You can choose any type of mushrooms like baby bella or white mushrooms. Slice them in thin slices for this recipe.
- Garlic: Fresh, minced garlic works best to add as much flavor as possible.
- White Wine: A dry white cooking wine works great here. You can use a light wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
- Heavy Cream: It is important to use heavy cream in this recipe. Half & Half or milk don’t have enough fat in them to make this sauce as creamy as desired.
- Parmesan Cheese: Shredded parmesan is needed to add flavor and creaminess to the sauce. Plus, you’ll want to top it off with more for serving!
- To season: Salt, Cracked Pepper and Chopped Parsley for garnish.
Here’s How to Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the tortellini in salted water, according to the package’s instructions. Set aside when finished and reserve a cup of the cooking water. (not pictured)
- Add the butter to a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat and stir until melted. (photo 1)
- Add the mushrooms and cook until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. (photo 2)
- Add the broth and coo 2-3 minutes. (photos 3-4)
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan. Cook for another minute, stirring until all of the cheese has melted. (photo 5)
- Season to taste with salt and cracked pepper, and add the cooked tortellini and a splash of the reserved cooking water. Stir until the sauce coats the pasta and it has reached the desired consistency. Keep adding cooking water if you want a thinner, glossier sauce. (photos 6-7)
- Serve with more parmesan and the chopped parsley, if desired. (photo 8)
- Cook the cheese tortellini until al dente, or just before it is actually ready. That way, when it cooks more in the sauce, it doesn’t get too soft!
- Feel free to substitute low-sodium chicken broth for the white wine in this easy cheese tortellini recipe. I love the flavor that the wine lends to the sauce, but the sauce will still be delicious without it!
- Add some veg! If you need to get some more vegetables in your dinner, try adding in cherry tomatoes and spinach. They will go nicely with the flavor and creaminess of the sauce.
- Pair this tortellini pasta with a simple side salad and some garlic bread!
More Easy Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Bacon
- One Pot Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Lemon Artichoke & Asparagus Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato and Chicken Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo